This website can use cookies to improve the user experience

This website can use cookies to improve the user experience and to provide certain services and functions to users. Cookies contain small amounts of information (such as login information and user preferences) and will be stored on your device.

Enable All Cookies Privacy Policy

Block bugs

Rushian 0
Block bugs

I have some more issues with CT2 test 1 release 3 (lol, maybe time to go to an easier version scheme..) Winking Face

In any case, I enabled the Themes block, and now, after I disable it (shown in the list with a red dot next to it), it's still shown on the main page. If I then go to edit the theme block, it's already listed as not active. Forced a browser page refresh and it's still shown on the main page.

Also in the blocks management, the gfx images for up/down don't match their function. Clicking down tries to move it higher in priority.

Further, the block positions on the site don't seem to change. Right now I have the Poll block with priority 7, which I assume should put it at the bottom of the 'stack', but it's still in the middle.

Notice

This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

1 Re: Block bugs
Administrator
Block bugs

Also fixed in Build 250.
OP 0
Block bugs

Originally posted by rushian:
Also in the blocks management, the gfx images for up/down don't match their function. Clicking down tries to move it higher in priority.

Bump!

This is still happening in release 4..
OP 0
Block bugs

Originally posted by Philipp:
Sound like you have the caching system enabled. The new caching system is only for websites with very high traffic or for other emergencies.

Three notes:
-) The cache is only active for users that are not logged in
-) The new caching system will cache the entire output (including blocks) of a page to keep the CPU usage as low as possible
-) The cache will not update in real time, even if you add a new story.

Yes, I had enabled the cache. I've now disabled it and this 'solved' the blocks not showing up, or being in the wrong order, etc.

It'd be nice if posting a new story would flush the cache tho.

In any case, don't forget about the priority arrows having the opposite function. Smiling Face
Administrator
Block bugs

Sound like you have the caching system enabled. The new caching system is only for websites with very high traffic or for other emergencies.

Three notes:
-) The cache is only active for users that are not logged in
-) The new caching system will cache the entire output (including blocks) of a page to keep the CPU usage as low as possible
-) The cache will not update in real time, even if you add a new story.
OP 0
Block bugs

I have some more issues with CT2 test 1 release 3 (lol, maybe time to go to an easier version scheme..) Winking Face

1) In any case, I enabled the Themes block, and now, after I disable it (shown in the list with a red dot next to it), it's still shown on the main page. If I then go to edit the theme block, it's already listed as not active. Forced a browser page refresh and it's still shown on the main page.

2) Further, the block positions on the site don't seem to change. Right now I have the Poll block with priority 7, which I assume should put it at the bottom of the 'stack', but it's still in the middle.

Ok, I found out you need to clear the cookies and both features work now. Would be nice if CT cleared your cookies automatically for you when making changes. Barring that, it should tell you changes won't take effect until you clear the CT cookies. Hushed Face

Nope, something's still not right. On the main page, if I click on the breadcrumb for the site name or the news area, the blocks change position if you are not logged in. If you are logged in (at least as admin, as that's the only user I have), the order stays correct..

I notice in the blocks list in the admin CP there are two blocks listed with the same priority number. My list goes 1, 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7. (two #1's and no number 5).
OP 0
Block bugs

1) In any case, I enabled the Themes block, and now, after I disable it (shown in the list with a red dot next to it), it's still shown on the main page. If I then go to edit the theme block, it's already listed as not active. Forced a browser page refresh and it's still shown on the main page.

2) Further, the block positions on the site don't seem to change. Right now I have the Poll block with priority 7, which I assume should put it at the bottom of the 'stack', but it's still in the middle.

Ok, I found out you need to clear the cookies and both features work now. Would be nice if CT cleared your cookies automatically for you when making changes. Barring that, it should tell you changes won't take effect until you clear the CT cookies. Hushed Face

The issue still remains with the up/down arrows having the opposite functions. Smiling Face

Notice

This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.