This website can use cookies to improve the user experience

This website can use cookies to improve the user experience and to provide certain services and functions to users. Cookies contain small amounts of information (such as login information and user preferences) and will be stored on your device.

Enable All Cookies Privacy Policy

Contentteller 2.1.16 released

Philipp
Administrator
Contentteller 2.1.16 is now available in the members area

Change log:
Version 2.1.16 (2012-09-08)
- Fixed a problem with the files subscribers function in PAD update
- Fixed an issue while deleting trackbacks in news module
- Fixed a typo in class_style.php
- Fixed warnings in cinstall.php
- Updated JSColor to version 1.4.0
- Increased timeout in edit_area to prevent a broken PHP part form in Firefox
- Fixed an issue with the theme selector and cookie path
- Fixed an issue in the vBulletin integration scripts for forums with multiple themes
- Updated TinyMCE to version 3.5.6
- Fixed an issue in the one click voting on the news module
- Added support for CompatDB 1.0.6
- Added missing activity tracker to the script
- Fixed an issue with "upload from url" in articles module
- Enhanced the extract links option in news queue
- Enhanced the vBulletin integration scripts to keep the users logged in by default
- Added more url tag tweaks for better XenForo compatibility
- Added code to the XML temlate parser to escape <![CDATA[]]> within templates
- Updated jQuery to version 1.8.1
- Updated jQuery UI to version 1.8.23

Members area
 Trial version

Notice

This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

1 Re: Contentteller 2.1.16 released
OP
Administrator
2.1.17 is only a maintenance release that contains bug fixes and updated components (like newer jQuery). The only two new features are the integrations for vBulletin 5 and Woltlab Burning Board 4. It should be out very soon.

2.2 is going to be a new features release. As far as I can tell you it will come with an updated editor as well a new HTML5/CSS3 based  responsive web design theme, but it also have a legacy mode for older CT 2.1 themes.
What can we expect from 2.1.7 in terms of new features?
OP
Administrator
Yes, this release is really slow. I actually working now on 3 different branches (2.1.x, 2.2, and 3.0)

Here a quick status update:

It currently look like that the new 2.1.17 release is ready early next month. There are some plenty of internal changes, so this needs more testing.

The 2.2 release is next and planned for Q1/2014-Q2/2014. This version drops alot of legacy code and requires now PHP 5.2 as minimum requirement. An update from 2.1 should be fairly easy.

The 3.0 release is only an early prototype using latest technologies (PHP 5.4). Don't expect a release anytime soon.
When will 2.1.7 be released? Has been a long while!
OP
Administrator
You need to upload all php files and then run /cadmin/cupgrade.php from your browser to complete the upgrade
Hi Philipp,

I'm sure this has been answered before but I just haven't seen it. I have 2.1.15 installed and would like to upgrade to 2.1.16.

Obviously, I would take a backup (including a database dump) first. But then what do I do? Which files do I need to copy?

Thank you! Smiling Face Brett
OP
Administrator
All reproducable bugs are fixed. There are no new templates or databases changes in the new release. Only updated files.

However, it is always a good idea to make a backup before upgrading to a new version.
Should I upgrade? Are any of the bugs I reported fixed? I have done some heavy customization to my website, I wouldn't want to mess up my design, because with the insane number of templates CT has, it took me several days to get it done, and it's still being polished.

Notice

This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.