This website can use cookies to improve the user experience

This website can use cookies to improve the user experience and to provide certain services and functions to users. Cookies contain small amounts of information (such as login information and user preferences) and will be stored on your device.

Enable All Cookies Privacy Policy

Well done. Great software. Absolutely.

MrLeN 0

I have downloaded StoryTeller and installed it at  http://www.newezone.com/cms

I must say that I am extremely satisfied, even though I haven't got everything working/confugured 100% just yet. Totally trouble free installation. It looks like you guys have another customer, because if I can get things working right (which I'm sure I will), I'll be ordering many more licenses for many websites Smiling Face

The idea behind newezone (an idea that I've had for years, but couldn't find the software) is to have many different topics and many different "administrators" for those topics - on different "site sections", but to have the same username and password between many sites/site sections and one forum (and every other script).

I have FINALLY found what I needed. How long have you guys been making this software? I am very happy, and very excited that I can get things "going" for a very reasonable price!

Just a few questions. If I could get some replies, in as much detail as possible, and get things running, I'll head straight for the order page. Please forgive me if my questions sound silly to you, but I am asking because I can't figure out the answers.

Question 1).

What "exactly" does bbwrapper.php do? I've installed it into the main/root StoryTeller dir. But it doesn't seem to have done anything. I edited the variables inside.

Question 2a).

At the moment..

http://www.newezone.com/cms/register.php
http://www.newezone.com/phpbb2/profile.php?mode=register

..both work. Does bbwrapper.php amalgamate these or something? I'd rather have one or the other. However, I have tried registering a new member from "both" pages, and it seems to me that both work (which is cool).

Question 2b).

However, I have to log into the forums and the cms seperately. If I log out of one, I am not logged out of the other. Is this right? Can't I get them to share cookies or something (they are on the same website)?

Question 3).

If I order the full version and set up other websites, will they all be able to use the same database? ie: Will the usernames and passwords work on all sites? ..and if I log out of one, will I be logged out of the others?

Question 4).

I installed phpBB first. Then I installed StoryTeller (using the phpBB database diring the install procedure). Did I do the right thing?

MrLeN

Notice

This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

1 Re: Well done. Great software. Absolutely.
OP 0

Yep, thanks. I just updated it with the 1.8 wrapper.

YAY! ..I'll go and edit out the phpBB login/logout buttons, because I noticed that once I log in with that - it stuffs everything up.

MrLeN
Administrator

Seems to work now. I just logged in from the CMS.
OP 0

I just activated your account.

I'll go get the new bbwrapper now.

MrLeN
OP 0

You should get the email soon. I have it set for user activation.

MrLeN
Administrator

I just registered on your site with my GMX.net account, but still waiting on the confirmation email.

Just in case something is missing. Download the latest freeware zip after the updated bbwrapper for phpBB 2 is included.
OP 0

I logged out of everything, deleted my cookies, closed the browsers, went back to newezone, logged into the cms, then went to the forums..

..not logged in.

My settings are as you have yours.

I have changed $bb_cookie to:

$bb_cookie = "phpbb2mysql";
MrLeN
OP 0

Did you change the cookie name in $bb_cookie?

Yes.

Cookie domain = empty field
Cookie name = phpbb2mysql
Cookie path = /

Mine is the same, but I have newezone.com in cookie domain. I'll go take it away and see what happens.

MrLeN
Administrator

Did you change the cookie name in $bb_cookie?

To find out your cookie name, go to the phpBB 2 admin:
General Admin => Configuration

My settings are:
Cookie domain = empty field
Cookie name = phpbb2mysql
Cookie path = /

and in bbwrapper.php:

$bb_cookie = "phpbb2mysql"; // cookie name 
OP 0

I can't get it to work.

MrLeN
Administrator

Btw please restore the "Powered by" notice.
Administrator

You need to change the following in bbwrapper.php

1) Be sure to add the cookie name to the $bb_cookie = ""; line. The cookie name is usual phpbb2mysql:

$bb_cookie = "phpbb2mysql";

2) Find :

setcookie($bb_cookie."_data",urlencode(serialize($thiscookie)));

and replace with:

setcookie($bb_cookie."_data",serialize($thiscookie),time()+60*60*24*360,"/"); 

setcookie($bb_cookie."_sid",md5(rand(0,32768)),time()+60*60*24*360,"/");

3) Find:

setcookie($bb_cookie."_data",0);

and replace with:

setcookie($bb_cookie."_data",0,0,"/"); 

setcookie($bb_cookie."_sid",0,0,"/");

I tested this with phpBB 2.0.10 and it worked without problems. Let me know if this work for you as well.
OP 0

okies, cool. Ta.

MrLeN
Administrator

I will work on this later today
OP 0

Any more news on the bbwrapper.php for making in work with phpBB? Smiling Face

MrLeN
Administrator

Just a quick status update. I hope to get an updated bbwrapper.php ready later this week or weekend. I am right now pretty busy finishing Storyteller 1.8.
OP 0

okies, thanks Smiling Face

Can't wait to have duel login!

MrLeN
Administrator

Look like something has changed with the login in newer phpBB 2.0 builds. I will try to update the bbwrapper this weekend.
Administrator

Perhaps I missed something. I just installed phpBB 2.0.10 on my test server and will try to find a solution tomorrow.
OP 0

I am now trying to log in and out via the cms. The phpbb2 location is /cms/phpbb2

I am logging in to the cms and then going to the forum, to see if I am logged in there, and no matter what I try I can't get logged into the forum.

I don't know what cookie path to set in phpbb2, so I have tried:

/
/cms
/cms/
/cms/phpbb2
/cms/phpbb2/

(several times each, deleting cookies after each attempt, closing the browser and re-loggin in via the cms)

I have tried every combination. Nothing works. Please, can you just tell me what I need to do to get the cookies working? Whether I continue using the software depends on it. If I can't get it woking with my forum, I can't use it, andI am about to give up Slightly Frowning Face

I really like the CMS, and I know you can't give support to people that haven't paid, and I understand all that, but at the moment I am feeling like the CMS and phpBB2 can't work with duel log in.

I've spent many days trying now.

MrLeN
Administrator

Originally posted by MrLeN:
So, I have to remove the forum login/logout button and use only the cms login logout button?

Yes
OP 0

So if I log into the CMS and then visit the forums, I should be logged into the forums too. If I log out of the CMS and then visit the forums, I should be logged out of the forums?

However, if I log into the forums then visit the cms, I will not be logged into the CMS If I log out of the forums then vist the CMS I will not be logged out of the cms?

So, I have to remove the forum login/logout button and use only the cms login logout button?

I am sorry. I don't seem to understand.

MrLeN
Administrator

The first one allows me to log in and out, but it doesn't affect my cms login.

You can't login to the CMS from phpBB, because it is using a different cookie. If you login/logout from the CMS, bbwrapper will create or delete the phpBB cookie.
OP 0

I tried:

/

and

/phpbb2/

and

/cms/phpbb2/

The first one allows me to log in and out, but it doesn't affect my cms login.

The second one doesn't allow me to log out of the forums.

The thirsd one also doesn't allow me to log out of the forums.

In all cases, I can log into and out of the CMS (which doesn't seem to affect my forum login).

Where is the cookie setting in the cms? Can't I just change that to the same filepath as the phpbb one?

What "is" the cms cookie path?

MrLeN
Administrator

In phpBB admin:
General Configuration => Cookie settings => Cookie Path => /
OP 0

ok, thanks.

Everything is ok now, except for my cookie problem.

I am now using StoryTeller on my mainsite Smiling Face

I will purchase the script soon, because I REALLY need to get my other two sites using the database and also, I need the download section for my free web templates.

Just one more question. I have moved phpbb to /cms/phpbb2 but I still have to log in and out of the site and the forum seperately. How to I change the cookie path?

I don't know much about cookies, sorry.

MrLeN
Administrator

What "exactly" does bbwrapper.php do? I've installed it into the main/root StoryTeller dir. But it doesn't seem to have done anything. I edited the variables inside.

The bbwrapper.php enabling integration with phpBB or other message forums

Integration includes:
- Shared user database
- Registration in the forum database
- Last 10 forum topics in XML feed or header block

At the moment..

http://www.newezone.com/cms/register.php
http://www.newezone.com/phpbb2/profile.php?mode=register

..both work. Does bbwrapper.php amalgamate these or something? I'd rather have one or the other. However, I have tried registering a new member from "both" pages, and it seems to me that both work (which is cool).

Yes, the bbwrapper.php writes directly to the phpBB database

However, I have to log into the forums and the cms seperately. If I log out of one, I am not logged out of the other. Is this right? Can't I get them to share cookies or something (they are on the same website)?

Most likely a small cookie issue. You need to put the phpbb to the CMS directory (e.g. /cms/phpbb2) or move the CMS to the root directory. Also, you may need to change the cookie path in your phpBB configuration.

If I order the full version and set up other websites, will they all be able to use the same database? ie: Will the usernames and passwords work on all sites? ..and if I log out of one, will I be logged out of the others?

All sites will use the same user database, as long you are using the same bbwrapper configuration on each site. However, the cookie can't be shared on multiple domains. You need to login/logout on each domain separately.

I installed phpBB first. Then I installed StoryTeller (using the phpBB database diring the install procedure). Did I do the right thing?

This makes no difference after the bbwrapper.php will only integrate the frontend and not the admin backend. The bbwrapper is not needed for the installation.

Notice

This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.