This website can use cookies to improve the user experience

This website can use cookies to improve the user experience and to provide certain services and functions to users. Cookies contain small amounts of information (such as login information and user preferences) and will be stored on your device.

Enable All Cookies Privacy Policy

Examples with forums

jonsidneyb 17
Are there any examples that can be seen of Contentteller being used with forums?

Notice

This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

1 Re: Examples with forums
Administrator
The order/priority option for news is now also in 2.1.10.
Administrator
I just added an option to 2.1.10 to promote/import a thread to the news section.

[ATTACH=thumb]160[/ATTACH]

It will automatically import story title and story from the first post in the thread

[ATTACH=thumb]161[/ATTACH]

It also imports the user name as contributor as well set the forum thread setting for comments to the right thread

[ATTACH=thumb]162[/ATTACH]

Do you need also one for the articles/reviews section? There are actually two different articles modules in Contentteller. The news module for shorter news/blog entries and the articles module for larger multiple pages articles and reviews.
Ct_210_1
Ct_210_2
Ct_210_3
Administrator
Yes, categories are supported Smiling Face. As for the two requested features, I will try to add them in 2.1.10 or 2.1.11.
OP 17
1. You can set which items you want to hide from the front page.

I am confused at what you mean here. What I would like to be able to do is put articles into categories with an index. All articles would show initially, when a category is selected only the items falling into that category would show up at that point. Would this be possible?

2. There is no option to set the priority/order of an article yet, but I plan to add it in one of the next releases.

Any idea how far off in the future this would be?

4. & 5. There is no option to promote a thread to an article. I will look into it for a feature release. Right you can either let Contentteller post a comments thread in the forum or associate an existing thread with a new article.

This would be the single most important feature for me. Is there any idea how far into the future this would be?

I would need to be able to do all of this to be able to use my XenForo license and purchase Contentteller.
Administrator
1. You can set which items you want to hide from the front page.

2. There is no option to set the priority/order of an article yet, but I plan to add it in one of the next releases.

3. Yes, there is an option to display articles in two columns

4. & 5. There is no option to promote a thread to an article. I will look into it for a feature release. Right you can either let Contentteller post a comments thread in the forum or associate an existing thread with a new article.

6. Yes, they appear on both. It seems that Google have no problem with this at all.
OP 17
1. I would like to be able to have an index of the articles that would be positioned on the left side. If a certain item is clicked on the index only the items I have put in that particular category would be seen on the front page.
I would have to be able to assign each article with a category that shows up on the index.

2. I would like to be able to change the order on the articles fairly easily. Possibly be assigning it an article number.

3. I would like the articles to be in two columns.

Article 1 Article 2
Article 3 Article 4
Article 5 Article 6

4. I would like all the articles to be promoted from a forum thread.

5. I would want to be the only one that can promote a thread to an article.

6. Comments in an article would appear both as a comment to the article and as a post in the thread. Also all posts in the thread would appear as a comment in the article and in the thread.

On the articles and threads. From what I understand Google does not like duplicate content. vBCMS seems to be able to do this. I understand it is not really a duplicate only the excerpt?
OP 17
The following two sites are good examples of using the forum comment integration:
 http://www.vortez.net/
 http://www.warp2search.at/

That looks very good. Better than I expected.

I will cut and paste the features I am looking for. I have them in some thread and XenForo.com

Notice

This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.