This website can use cookies to improve the user experience

This website can use cookies to improve the user experience and to provide certain services and functions to users. Cookies contain small amounts of information (such as login information and user preferences) and will be stored on your device.

Enable All Cookies Privacy Policy

Error when trying to replace string

jfranco 0

I recently tried to replace "bigbox" string for "erabigbox" in all of my reviews using the built-in search & replace feature but was welcome by the following message:

Error: 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'JavaScript' type='text/javascript'>

Is this something you have fixed on newer versions of the CMS, and/or is there a workaround for this if I want to make this replacement?

Thanks

Julio

Notice

This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

1 Re: Error when trying to replace string
Administrator

I have added back StoryTeller to our footer (which was unintentionally missed)

Thanks Julio. I had in the past bad experience with a few customers who removed the notice. I am always enforcing this part of the license agreement after there are also customers who have paid for the removal.

confirm that the code above does not fix the search & replace functionality in cadmin/mod_reviews.php

I see what the problem is. Some variables have already escaped quotes ($zid, $extra1) and some are not ($rows[$search_field])

The following change should fix this problem:

$out_field = str_replace(stripslashes($zid), stripslashes($extra1), $rows[$search_field]);
OP 0

Bumping this thread just so you know I have added back StoryTeller to our footer (which was unintentionally missed), and to confirm that the code above does not fix the search & replace functionality in cadmin/mod_reviews.php.

Thanks

Julio
OP 0

Hey, just checked this thread... I will add the notice now. With all the changes and stuff going on I didn't remember about that.

However, you probably missed on my previous response that the code you provided to fix the search and replace feature actually messed up my whole database. I had to restore from a backup.
Administrator

Your site is still violating the license agreement. You need to either restore the “Powered by” notice or buying the branding free option.
Administrator

BTW, check out TechSpot's new redesign:  http://www.techspot.com

Looks great Smiling Face. Don't forget to re-add the powered by notice.

Is this whole site based upon Storyteller CMS besides the forum?
OP 0

For a second I really sweat it...

Unfortunately I tried this on a live environment and it caused all review pages to be overwritten by the first page content. Furthermore, it removed all special code like links, images, etc... it was all converted to plain text.

Thank god for backups!

BTW, check out TechSpot's new redesign:  http://www.techspot.com

You may want to update the examples page here in Esselbach.

Thanks

Julio
Administrator

This problem is in the latest version as well Slightly Frowning Face. I guess a new maintenance release of Storyteller CMS is now overdue.

The fix is easy. Open cadmin/mod_reviews.php in an editor and replace:

DBQuery("UPDATE esselbach_st_review SET $search_field = '$out_field', review_editip = '$ipaddr' WHERE review_id = '$rows[review_id]'");

with:

DBQuery("UPDATE esselbach_st_review SET $search_field = '".addslashes($out_field)."', review_editip = '$ipaddr' WHERE review_id = '$rows[review_id]'");

Notice

This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.