This website can use cookies to improve the user experience

This website can use cookies to improve the user experience and to provide certain services and functions to users. Cookies contain small amounts of information (such as login information and user preferences) and will be stored on your device.

Enable All Cookies Privacy Policy

Contentteller Release Candidate 3 available

Philipp Esselbach
Editor
Contentteller Release Candidate 3 available

The third and (hopefully) final release candidate of Contentteller is now available.

Changes since release candidate 2:
- Fixes an issue with "Tachy goes to Coventry" in the integration scripts for vBulletin 3.5, 3.6, and 3.7
- Added an option in admin control panel to automatically add [url] tags to web addresses
- Added an option in admin control panel to get website titles from [url] tags
- Fixed an issue with the automatically [url] tag in comments
- Fixed multiple issues with the templates import
- Fixed a javascript issue in the comments reply function
- Fixed a problem with mailing lists module
- Fixed the password recovery function
- Fixed multiple issues in the files module
- Fixed multiple issues in the stats module
- Fixed a small issues with the news poll feature
- Added a function to generate more secure random hashes
- Rewrote the PAD file handling in the files module
- Fixed an encoding issue with enabled WYSIWYG editor and German umlauts
- Fixed an issue with the start/expire date feature in the articles module

Contentteller customers can download Professional/Business Full/Lite from the members' area. Contentteller Community Full/Lite is available over the  Google Code website.

Notice

This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

1 Re: Contentteller Release Candidate 3 available
OP
Editor
Storyteller CMS (3 domain licenses) = 3 Contentteller Professional Licenses
Storyteller CMS (3 domain licenses) + Branding free option = 3 Contentteller Business Licenses

The renewal rate is also lower for previous Storyteller customers. In case you want upgrade to Business Edition, you can still order the branding free option in the Storyteller members’ area to get both the Storyteller branding free and Contentteller Business Edition update.
I'm definitely more interested in the commercial releases just because of the added support that comes with it Smiling Face. And well, in reality, as much as we like new features, stability always comes first.

Now, correct me if I'm wrong but in the transfer process from ST to CT, you awarded Professional licenses to ST users?
OP
Editor
1) The results are very mixed so far after Contentteller depends heavily on the performance of the MySQL database server. Some sites such as  WCM aren't even using any caching and perform great.

The current Contentteller version can also write the cache to the file system in case the MySQL database server can't cope with the traffic. There are also options to disable functions such as stats to decrease the load to the db server.

2) Using the commercial release? Winking Face 1.0, 1.1, 1.2 are free community edition releases. They will feature always the latest in development, which also means there are sometime significant database/templates changes.

The initial commercial release is 2008.0. Unlike the community editions, the professional/business editions are long term-supported releases with a lifetime of 3 (professional) and 5 (business) years. That means that maintenance releases such as 2008.1, 2008.2, 2008.3, etc. will be available during this time, which contains bug fixes and sometime backports of features that doesn't require database/templates changes.
Those are great news!

I will be waiting for the release then before I start testing it in an offline server. I have two particular questions in anticipation to the 1.0 milestone:

1) What has been the experience so far in terms of server loads? I have asked this before but that was on the earlier stages.

2) What should be the best practices for developing on top of the ST 1.0 code? My current installation of Storyteller has been customized everywhere, in the templates, in the CMS files themselves, etc. So with that in mind, what's the best way to go to keep my CMS installation upgradable in the future (1.1, 1.2 releases and so on).

Thanks.

Julio
OP
Editor
The final release is only a few days away Smiling Face. I fixed over the last couple of weeks many of the smaller issues in the new code base.
Hi Philipp,

So how is CT development coming along? As a long time user of Storyteller I'm still looking forward to your work on CT. I understand a few sites are now running the latest RC version, so based on that experience are we looking to another RC before final or not?

Last time I played with CT was in the beta stages and it was still too early to consider upgrading my site which serves a sizable audience. Now that code has been opened and lots of bugs ironed out I'm looking into it again, hence my question above.

Thanks

Julio
 TechSpot - PC Technology News and Analysis
OP
Editor
For some reason the .htaccess will be ignored by the zip script. I will look into it. I also attached a copy of the .htaccess file to this post.

To doing the upgrade, overwrite the files with the new files from the ZIP and then run the /cadmin/cupgrade.php script.
   htaccess.txt
That's good,thank you.

Could you put the .htacess files and upgrade docs in the zip ?

Notice

This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.