This website can use cookies to improve the user experience

This website can use cookies to improve the user experience and to provide certain services and functions to users. Cookies contain small amounts of information (such as login information and user preferences) and will be stored on your device.

Enable All Cookies Privacy Policy

A frontpage error

cosmin 269
A frontpage error

Error: 1153 Got a packet bigger than 'max_allowed_packet' bytes

This happens after using the acquire option.

http://www.file-portal.net/ess20/

Notice

This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

1 Re: A frontpage error
OP 269
A frontpage error

I think the main issue is that all you files have the same timestamp. I can provide you a small modification to generate random timestamps, as soon the release candidate is available.

Exactly. And it would be very nice of you.
Administrator
A frontpage error

I think the main issue is that all you files have the same timestamp. I can provide you a small modification to generate random timestamps, as soon the release candidate is available.
OP 269
A frontpage error

I did disable the files tags and recent files tags modules, and it's true it worked. But I have around 17 000 files in the ST database. I guess this means they get imported with the same date, so obviously the tag cloud gets huge, so I doubt even increasing the max packet size to 32 would help (assuming the host would be willing to change that - I'm on a shared hosting account).
But this means I'll have problems importing the records when this is all over, or rather problems using the tags modules. And importing the files one by one, would be impossible. What do you think?
Administrator
A frontpage error

I guess the only way to get this properly fixed is opening a trouble ticket with your webhost and ask them to increase the  max_allowed_packet to 16MB.

This error is caused by the size of your files tags block. The error should disappear after you disable the block in question.
OP 269
A frontpage error

Your SQL query has been executed successfully (Query took 0.1108 sec)
SQL query:
ALTER TABLE esselbach_ct_datastore CHANGE datastore_data datastore_data MEDIUMTEXT;

No change.
Administrator
A frontpage error

Please run the following SQL query in phpMyAdmin and let me know if this fix your problem

ALTER TABLE esselbach_ct_datastore CHANGE datastore_data datastore_data MEDIUMTEXT;

Notice

This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.